The Svitava settlement is located southwards of Lindava. The history is full of legend rather than facts. The legend narrates about the first two inhabitants who built its farmhouses on slopes of the hills Ovci and Sisak. A sheep-cote had to be there already, names like Ovci zed (Sheep wall), Ovci vrch (Sheep hill) and Ovci most (Sheep bridge) are derived from it. The settlement was a part of Sloup’s manor. Lately it had its own reeve. The eldest reeve was Merten Moller in 1586 according to the documents. After few years several farmers and gardeners lived and worked there and in 1730 the settlement had 26 houses and a mill.